How to Apply for Pension Benefits
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

UMWA Health and Retirement Funds

How to Apply for Pension Benefits

You may get a Pension Application by calling the Funds’ Call Center and from many UMWA district and local union offices. You can also download copies of these applications as well as other Eligibility forms by clicking HERE.
If you have not completed your application properly, the Plan will have to contact you to get the needed information; this will delay the processing of your application. After you have completed the application, mail or take it to the Funds’ Washington, D.C. office.

Information about the specific plans and eligibility requirements can be found in the Summary Plan Descriptions

Forms should be printed, filled out by hand and mailed to:
UMWA Health and Retirement Funds
2121 K St., NW
Suite 350
Washington, DC 20037
The beneficiary call center can be reached from 9AM – 4:45PM Monday through Friday at 1-800-291-1425 to answer your questions about pension or health applications as well as any questions about your current health or pension benefits.
The Funds' field office in Beckley, WV provides pension counseling services before an application has been filed.
Application forms are available at all Funds' and District offices. In addition, these offices will continue to provide general information about pension benefits.